2011/01/20

My nail care routine + other products review {bare nails ahead!}


On my youtube channel they requested my nail care routine so here it is.
I'm also going to talk about some products that I wanted to review for a long time.
This is just my personal opinion and experience.

In addiction to these products I also use lemon juice to make my nails stronger and whiter and olive oil to moisturize them. If you haven't already, try these natural tricks they work well.

This are my bare nails at the moment.
I'm quite a lazy person so I don't do these steps everytime, more or less once a week.


★★★★★★★★★★★★★

The first step is to remove all of the old polish. I use a cheap nail polish remover with acetone. I know acetone isn't good for your nails but the ones without acetone are more expensive and it takes an hour to remove the polish from one nail (I don't have a lot of patience!).

★★★★★★★★★★★★★


To remove my cuticles I use Nfu-Oh Cuticle Remover. It's an amazing product that will totally change the look of your nails.
All you have to do is apply the product on your cuticles, let it penetrate a few minutes and then remove the excess with an orange wood stick, then push back the cuticles.
It has a brush like a normal polish so it's really easy to use.

The bottle is 17 ml / 0.6 fl. oz. and it costs $11.50, you can buy it on-line at fabuloustreet.com.


★★★★★★★★★★★★★


My next step is to moisturize my nails and cuticles.
Like I said before I lack patience, so I want a product that penetrate quickly and doesn't leave a lot of residues.

My favourite choice is Kaloderma with vegetal butter, shea butter and avocado oil.
It penetrates quickly, it's non-greasy and it has a wonderful smell. It's also very cheap.


★★★★★★★★★★★★★


I read a lot about Essence SOS nail care balm so I was curious and bought it.
I love the packaging and the smell of this butter.

I didn't use this long enough to see long-term results.
It contains shea butter, almond oil and panthenol and it's supposed to help dry cuticles and brittle nails.

When I tried it on my nails I was a bit disappointed because it takes a while to absorb and leave a bit of residues, It's not greasy tought.
I use this butter when I don't wear nail polish to nourish them and it's perfect for that.

The jar is 7g / 0.24 oz. for around €3 (I don't remeber the exact price).


★★★★★★★★★★★★★


Before wearing nail polish I always apply a base coat, even if the polish is a light color.

I use KIKO strong&shiny no.05 and I am satisfied with it.
It dries quickly and leave the nails very shiny.
The only downside is that it has a strong chemical smell unlike other KIKO polishes.

The bottle is 11ml / 0.37 fl. oz. and it's €4,50.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★


After polishing my nails, when they are perfectly dry, I apply AVON fresh aloe cuticle gel.

This gel is very fresh and has a nice subtle smell but it doesn't do much, that's my impression.
I don't think I'm going to buy it again.

The tube is 15ml and I think is around €5.50 (again, I don't remember the right price, sorry!).


★★★★★★★★★★★★★


Once in a while, for a shock therapy, I use Glysolid hand cream.

It contains a lot of glycerin and its prefect for dry skin and cuticles.
Since this is super-greasy, after apply it I wear cotton gloves.

I use it a lot on my elbows, knees and heels too.

A jar is 200ml, I don't know the price because my mom buy it but it's definitely cheap.


★★★★★★★★★★★★★


This is a product that I use very rarely.

It's a cuticle scrub, in fact it contains small spheres that melt while you massage it on your nails.
I really like the smell but I don't see many difference between using it or not, also since I started using Nfu Oh Cuticle Remover this was totally abandoned.

The bottle is 12ml and the price should be a little below €6.


★★★★★★★★★★★★★


This was my first cuticle remover. I never used one before so I was a bit perplexed when I tried it because I wasn't sure if it was working or not.

There was absolutely no difference before or after using, it was like putting fresh water on my nails.

The bottle is 12ml, I bought it for €4 but it wasn't at full price.


Hope this post was helpful to you and if you have any question you can leave me a comment anytime!!

A 14 years old web designer from Kairouan, Tunisia. And then you write some more information about yourself like this to fill out the space that is left.

2 commenti:

  1. AVON fresh aloe cuticle gel - I bought this because I have dry, very visible cuticles. I rub just a SMALL dab on each nail/cuticle every night (I've been using it for about a week). So far my cuticles are not visible anymore and it seems to also be helping my nails. The smell is very refreshing and I have not found it to be sticky at all. Overall, I like this product and would recommend it

    RispondiElimina
  2. I have been using AVON fresh aloe cuticle gel since mid-december and I didn't notice any major improvement in my cuticles. It just doesn't work for me. I like the smell and the fact that it dries quickly.

    RispondiElimina